The 9th International Workshop on Science Gateways (IWSG 2017) will take place June 19-21, 2017 in Poznan, Poland.
Call for Participation:
Science gateways are community-specific portals offering tools, applications, and data collections that are integrated together, providing access to data sources and services of distributed computing infrastructures (DCIs). Science gateways offer the potential to facilitate data analysis on a large scale and open the utilization of DCIs to wider audiences by providing a customized and easy-to-use user interface accessing large computational and data resources. The complexity of the underlying infrastructure can be completely hidden from the end-users by a suitably tailored interface. As interest in science gateways has accelerated in the past few years, an increasing number of new user communities can utilize grid or cloud computing resources in a convenient manner.
The workshop aims to bring researchers and scientists together from different scientific domains, along with science gateways developers, to discuss problems and solutions in the area, to identify new issues, to shape future directions for research, foster the exchange of ideas, standards, and common requirements in an effort to push towards the wider adoption of science gateways in e-Science.
The submission of papers related to various aspects of Science Gateways is welcomed. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
* Science gateway enabling technologies and development frameworks
* Ready to use science gateways in different areas and disciplines
* Management of high-throughput data via science gateways
* Portal technology and portal construction methods
* Usage models and gateway tools in different disciplines
* Security aspects of science gateways
* Usability studies of science gateways
Application scientists and community members reporting about their experiences with science gateways are encouraged to apply in particular. There are three alternatives for researchers to present their work: talks, lightning talks, and demonstration sessions. Submission of a full paper may result in a talk, submission of an abstract may result in a lightning talk or a demonstration. All contributions will be subject to a double-blind peer review which will serve as the basis for the decision of acceptance. Further details of the call are available at http://iwsg2017.psnc.pl/. Accepted full papers will be published in a fully indexed journal and accepted abstracts will be published online on the IWSG webpage. As negotiations with different publishers are pending please check the IWSG 2017 website throughout the next weeks for more information.
• The deadline for paper/abstract submission: March 20, 2017 * UPDATED * Deadline extended to April 3, 2017 * UPDATED * Deadline extended to April 12, 2017
• Notification of acceptance: April 17, 2017 * UPDATED * Deadline extended to April 24, 2017
• Submission of camera-ready papers/abstracts: May 1, 2017 * UPDATED * Deadline extended to May 8, 2017
• Registration deadline for authors/presenters: May 15, 2017
• Registration closing: May 29, 2017
• Date of the workshop: June 19-21, 2017
For more details please visit the workshop website.