- Conference Location and Maps (of SDSC)
- Travel (air & ground transportation, parking, maps of UCSD)
- Travel Support Grants
Registration closed Tuesday, October 25. The fee includes breakfasts, lunches, coffee/snack breaks, and the evening Reception (with Poster Session and Resource Expo). The registration form includes an opportunity to indicate special requests (dietary or otherwise).
Academic, Industry, Non-Profit fees:
- October 8 through Tuesday, October 25: Regular registration fee is $275. Hotel rooms at the block rate are on a space-available basis.
- November 2 & 3: On-site registration fee is $300.
Student fee: $125 for full conference (no early-bird rate; same price until registration closes Oct. 25)
A la Carte (single-day) fees:
- Wednesday only or Thursday only: $100
- Wednesday evening Resource Expo and Poster Session (alone or add-on to single-day fee): $75
Pre-registration is now closed.
The conference will be held at the
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
10100 Hopkins Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093
General directions to SDSC can be found here: http://www.sdsc.edu/about_sdsc/visitor_info.html.
Custom conference maps
All maps will be included in your conference booklet (Download all three maps as PDF).
- Walking map and directions from Sheraton La Jolla to SDSC (includes some other nearby hotels) (PDF)
- Map of SDSC and RIMAC Arena, with directions to SDSC meeting rooms (PDF)
- Map and directions from SDSC to Faculty Club (includes walking map and driving directions) (PDF)
The conference reserved a block of rooms at the
Sheraton La Jolla
3299 Holiday Court
La Jolla, CA 92037
Direct telephone: 858-453-5500
Our hotel block is now fully booked. The hotel will offer the best available rate as long as rooms are available. We encourage you to still consider staying at the Sheraton, as we will offer a free shuttle on Wednesday evening for the Reception, Poster Session, and Resource Expo.
Book your room on the Sheraton La Jolla reservations page or toll-free: 866-716-8134. Another option is to call the hotel reservations desk directly (858-453-5500), explain that you will be visiting UC San Diego, and ask for the university room rate. They may give it to you, if available. Other local hotels (listed below) may also offer the university rate if called directly.
The hotel is a pleasant 30-minute walk from the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC), where the majority of the conference will be held. If you prefer to drive, pay parking is located next to the SDSC (details below). Self Parking at the hotel is $5 for 0-6 hours; $15 for 6-24 hours.
On Wednesday evening before and after the Reception, Poster Session, and Resource Expo, we will be offering a shuttle service between the Reception venue (a short walk from the main conference venue at SDSC) and the Sheraton La Jolla.
Other local hotels do not offer a conference rate, but some are slightly closer to SDSC. Here are a few:
|Additional Hotels Adjacent to Campus||Distance to SDSC|
|Estancia La Jolla
9700 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla CA 92037
|< 1.0 miles|
|Hilton La Jolla
10950 N. Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla, CA 92037
|The Residence Inn
8901 Gilman Dr., La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 587-1770 or (800) 331-3131
|The Lodge at Torrey Pines
11480 North Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla CA 92037
4550 La Jolla Village Dr., La Jolla, CA 92122
3777 La Jolla Village Dr., San Diego, CA 92122
(858) 552-1234 or (800) 233-1234
|La Jolla Marriott
4240 La Jolla Village Dr., La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 587-1414 or (800) 228-9290
The San Diego International Airport (SAN) is the closest airport to UC San Diego and SDSC. A taxi or transportation service can be used from the airport.
For taxi or shuttle pick-up/drop-off, SDSC is located just south of the RIMAC Arena.
- Yellow Cab: (619) 444-4444
- Orange Cab: (619) 223-5555
- SD Taxi Service: (619) 342-6494
- San Diego Cab: (619) 226-8294
Shuttles and other ground transportation services
- Super Shuttle – 800.974.8885
- Terramoto Transportation Downtown San Diego – 619.269.7397
- Torrey Pines Limo – 858.997.6866
For further information on maps, public transit, and the UC San Diego campus, please consult the following:
Parking is available at the Hopkins Parking Structure located next to the Center. Purchase the appropriate parking permit at the pay stations located at each level by the elevators.
- Rates: $2/hour or $20/day
A properly dated V pay station permit provides visitor parking in these spaces:
- V: 24 hours daily
- S: 24 hours daily (marked yellow)
- B: 24 hours daily (marked green)
Place parking permit face up on your dashboard in full view.
Travel Support Grants
Funds are available to support participation in this conference (travel and hotel), with some funds specifically designated for student support. Priority for non-students will be given to those who have submitted papers and can make a compelling case for how their participation will contribute to the science gateways community and/or positively impact their future research or educational activities.
Because our travel support funds are from the National Science Foundation, we are only allowed to fund participants from US institutions. International students at US institutions are eligible.
Student/young professional travel support application (Deadline: October 7)