Keep the best and the brightest in the sciences
Workforce Development aims to
- Increase the pipeline of young developers.
- Tap the unrealized potential of students from underrepresented groups.
To do this, we are using several strategies:
- Fellowships and internships for students committed to learning gateway technologies
- Connections with STEM professors integrating gateways into their courses
- Efforts to gain acceptance for job titles and career tracks in gateway development
- Establishing the SGCI Young Professionals Network.
- Establishing a center for training and education at Elizabeth City State University.
- Developing publicly accessible, online training and curricula.
Join the SGCI Young Professionals Network
- Coordinating with other areas of SGCI and partners to offer internships.
- Identifying gateways that are relevant to domain-based courses.
This area is led by Linda B. Hayden, Elizabeth City State University.