Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and Information: Attend the January 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting
The Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) 2019 Winter Meeting (Jan. 15-17, 2019 in Bethesda, MD) will focus on the theme "Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and Information." The meeting will include a number of exciting plenary talks and breakout sessions centered around existing and emerging Earth science data topics.
SGCI will take part by leading a breakout session entitled, "Approaching Sustainability with Techniques from an Entrepreneurial Mindset." Check out the full meeting details and register by the early-bird registration deadline of December 21st. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plenary talks will include:
- Dr. Michael Freilich, Director of the Earth Science Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA - Talk Title: TBA
- Adam Mansur, Smithsonian Institution - Talk Title: Increasing the Impact of the Smithsonian’s Geological Collections
- Christina Bandaragoda, University of Washington - Talk Title: TBA
- Dan Pilone, Element 84 - Talk Title: From Baseline Science Instruments to CubeSats: Challenges and Opportunities with the Growth of Space Based Data Acquisition and the Commercial World
- Dan Barrie, NOAA - Talk Title: The Fourth National Climate Assessment: Translating Data to Inform Decisions