Workshop on Best Practices and Tools for Computational and Data-Intensive Research at ICS 2019, June 26, 2019
The ICS 2019 International Conference on Supercomputing will take place in Phoenix, AZ., June 26-28, 2019. The main conference workshop, entitled Workshop on Best Practices and Tools for Computational and Data-Intensive Research, will feature SGCI as well as XSEDE, CyVerse, MolSSI, and CaRC.
Chat with SGCI staff members
Sandra Gesing and Maytal Dahan
while you're there!
Workshop on Best Practices and Tools for Computational and Data-Intensive Research
Wednesday, June 26, 2019, Morning (1/2-day workshop)
This workshop brings together:
- Researchers developing and using computational and data-intensive (CDI) applications,
- Those who assist these researchers with expertise in CDI technology, and
- Developers of tools that support the development and use of CDI applications.
The workshop goal is to create synergy among these groups and, in this way, begin to build a community and a record of best practices and tools for those who conduct CDI research and assist these researchers.
Participants will get to interact with those involved in the above tasks from major national projects, such as XSEDE, CyVerse, Software Institutes (SGCI, MolSSI), CaRC, as well as with individuals from university campuses and other research organizations.
Interested participants are asked to submit a one-page position paper, which will be discussed at the workshop. The papers should describe
- best practices and issues in developing, improving, and using CDI applications,
- best practices and issues in assisting CDI researchers
- tools that improve the productivity of CDI researchers and those who assist them
Submit the paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2019, with the subject “ICS Workshop Position Paper”.
The workshop format will be roundtable discussions on topics compiled from the submitted position papers. Summaries by each discussion group will be presented at the end of the workshop. A workshop report will be compiled from the submitted papers and discussions.