The Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
ESIP is an open, networked community that brings together science, data, and information technology practitioners. Their mission is to support the networking and data dissemination needs of their members and the global Earth science data community by linking the functional sectors of observation, research, application, education, and use of Earth science.
SGCI clients have access to ESIP's resources and services, including ESIP Lab's incubator program, which provides up to $7,000 to explore new technologies, standards, workflows, protocols and best practices. ESIP also hosts two member-driven meetings each year, supports collaborations of like-minded individuals, and supports a variety of solution-oriented projects through competitions, ideation challenges, and evaluation.
Check out the SGCI Member Highlight on ESIP's website.
Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and Information: Attend the January 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting
- Dr. Michael Freilich, Director of the Earth Science Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA - Talk Title: TBA
- Adam Mansur, Smithsonian Institution - Talk Title: Increasing the Impact of the Smithsonian’s Geological Collections
- Christina Bandaragoda, University of Washington - Talk Title: TBA
- Dan Pilone, Element 84 - Talk Title: From Baseline Science Instruments to CubeSats: Challenges and Opportunities with the Growth of Space Based Data Acquisition and the Commercial World
- Dan Barrie, NOAA - Talk Title: The Fourth National Climate Assessment: Translating Data to Inform Decisions