Jetstream is the first production science and engineering cloud. It currently provides hosting for several gateways and has the capacity for many more. The flexibility of the cloud environment combined with the mission from the NSF to make the environment available free of charge to US-based scientific researchers means that Jetstream offers considerable resources to the gateway community.
By providing a freely available resource as an option to SGCI and their clients, costs that might have been used to purchase commercial capacity might be otherwise used for development. Additionally, using Jetstream would provide another resource for the gateway community making it more robust.
- Guest Tech Blog: Kubernetes and JupyterHub on Jetstream
- SGCI Client Chem Compute Meets Goals
- Guest Blog: The Distant Reader—A Jetstream-Powered Assist for an Age-Old Process
- Paid Summer Internship With Jetstream
- XSEDE ECSS Symposium 12/19/17: Overview of Deployment Options
- Jetstream presentation at XSEDE Science Gateway Seminar 6/16/2017