Addressing software sustainability on your campus
Is your campus seeing an increasing number of research projects that include web-based applications? Does each group have to hire developers independently?
This can be time consuming and inefficient, but there is a solution. Creating a central pool of expertise on your campus offers many benefits including:
- Great visibility for the institution’s research activities
- Synergy between projects
- Shared resources, costs, and expertise across departments
- Expertise that is otherwise difficult for individual projects to obtain
- Lower learning curves
- Ability to retain top-quality research computing support by providing interesting projects
We can provide
- Supplemental expertise where you don’t have it
- Support for your journey to creating a campus-based development group
- Ongoing advice based on the strategies of campuses who have successfully created their own groups
Submit an application to request a free consultation, webinar, or on-campus visit to start your path toward sustainable gateway development. If you have question about this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about sustainability via on-campus groups by watching the presentation that Sandra made at the Gateways 2017 conference.
We have even more detail and interesting insights from this XSEDE Campus Champions Tech Talk.
Download our Campus-based Gateway Development Groups flyer.