Boost your cybersecurity with help from Trusted CI, the NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
Trusted CI, the NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, offers a variety of information and services that are relevant to science gateways.
- Training materials easily accessible online:
- For gateway development, materials associated with software assurance (writing secure code) and identity management
- For gateway operation, materials associated with log analysis, incident response, and situational awareness
- One-on-one engagements with NSF-funded projects that vary in scope (see the application details, including important dates). Engagements may range from a very brief (couple of weeks) cybersecurity “checkup” to a more in-depth, six-month engagement.
- Trusted CI also contributes to SGCI's biannual Science Gateways Bootcamp, run by the Incubator, that provides a week-long workshop for gateway PIs and developers.
Finally, we encourage those in the science gateways community to reach out to us and join our mailing lists. We are here to help!
Apply for One-on-One Engagement With Trusted CI by April 3, 2020
One of Trusted CI's core activities is conducting one-on-one engagements with NSF projects and facilities. Topics for engagements include anything broadly in the scope of information security and can include the development of new cybersecurity programs, assessing existing cybersecurity programs, software assurance, identity management, or recommendations on new software features. Learn more and apply here.
February 26, 2020: Begin accepting applications for engagements to be executed July-Dec 2020.
April 3, 2020: Application deadline for engagements to be executed July-Dec 2020.
May 1, 2020: Applicants notified of decisions.
July 2020: Kick-off new engagements for July-Dec 2020.
Early August 2020 (tentative): Begin accepting applications for engagements to be executed Jan-June 2021