Boost your cybersecurity with help from Trusted CI, the NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
Trusted CI, the NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, offers a variety of information and services that are relevant to science gateways.
- Training materials easily accessible online:
- For gateway development, materials associated with software assurance (writing secure code) and identity management
- For gateway operation, materials associated with log analysis, incident response, and situational awareness
- One-on-one engagements with NSF-funded projects that vary in scope (see the application details, including important dates). Engagements may range from a very brief (couple of weeks) cybersecurity “checkup” to a more in-depth, six-month engagement.
- Trusted CI also contributes to SGCI's biannual Science Gateways Bootcamp, run by the Incubator, that provides a week-long workshop for gateway PIs and developers.
Finally, we encourage those in the science gateways community to reach out to us and join our mailing lists. We are here to help!
Virtual 2020 NSF Cybersecurity Summit: Sept. 22-24, 2020
The 2020 NSF Cybersecurity Summit is scheduled to take place Tuesday, September 22 through Thursday the 24th. Due to the impact of the global pandemic, this year’s summit will be virtual.
The final program is still evolving but will maintain the mission to provide a format designed to increase the NSF community’s understanding of cybersecurity strategies that strengthen trustworthy science: what data, processes, and systems are crucial to the scientific mission, what risks they face, and how to protect them.
Call for Participation (CFP)
Program content for the summit is driven by the community. Proposals for presentations, breakout, and training sessions, as well as nominations for student scholarships, are welcome. The deadline for CFP submissions is June 29th. To learn more about the CFP, visit: https://trustedci.org/
Due to the Summit moving to a virtual format, access will be available to all active students who apply (or until the headcount limit is reached). More information and application can be found at trustedci.org/2020-
More information can be found at https://trustedci.org/2020-