The 13th IEEE International Conference on eScience will take place October 24-27, 2017 in Auckland, New Zealand. The objective of the eScience Conference is to promote and encourage all aspects of eScience and its associated technologies, applications, and tools. The way in which research is carried out is undergoing a series of radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques, and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries. eScience 2017 brings together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of eScience applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference serves as a forum to present the results of the latest research and product/tool developments and to highlight related activities from around the world.
Of particular interest are advances that have been made in the application of technology in different disciplines. Accordingly, significant advances in practice are considered to be as important as the development of new technologies themselves. Contributions in educational activities under any of these disciplines are welcomed, too.
The conference will be structured around the following eScience themes:
1. Arts, Humanities and Social Science
2. Bioinformatics and Health
3. Physical Sciences and Engineering
4. Climate, Environmental and Earth Sciences
5. Data Science, Digital Repositories, Data Management and Big Data
6. Research Software Engineering and Computational Science
7. Cyberinfrastructure to support eScience, including novel hardware, software, and services
8. eScience in the cloud
9. Education, training and eScience practice
Submissions are due on May 19, 2017.