FIM4R Workshop — RDA 10th Plenary Collocated Event
- Published on Thursday, 03 August 2017 20:00
The 11th face to face meeting of the Federated Identity Management for Research (FIM4R) meeting will be held in Montreal, Canada on September 18 and 19, 2017 and is deliberately collocated with the 10th RDA Plenary Meeting.
FIM4R is a collection of research communities and infrastructures with a shared interest in enabling Federated Identity Management for their research cyber infrastructures. FIM4R develops requirements related to technical architecture, federated identity management, and operational policies needed to integrate the National Research and Education Network (NREN) and the scientific community in Europe. By documenting common needs across scientific projects, FIM4R has given the community the ability to speak with a common voice.
By hosting a meeting in North America, FIM4R hopes to attract several new research communities who have not yet been involved with their activities. Such communities will be invited to present their current use of federated identity management (FIM) and/or their future requirements. The workshop will be an opportunity to review the ongoing challenges that research communities face when adopting FIM technologies and to share experiences.
The agenda will include:
- Reports from new Research Communities
- Updates from existing FIM4R member communities
- Invited talks from local identity federations and e-Infrastructures
- Updates from ongoing projects (AARC, REFEDS, GEANT, eduGAIN)
- Updates from e-Infrastructures
- The FIM4R version 2 community survey
- Progress and plans for FIM4R version 2 paper
Registration for the workshop is now open. There is no registration fee for this meeting and attendees should plan on attending for the two full days of the meeting.