Jetstream presentation at XSEDE Science Gateway Seminar 6/16/2017
- Published on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 20:00
Jeremy Fischer from the IU Jetstream team will present the system for the XSEDE science gateway community this Friday at 12:00 pm noon ET / 11:00 am CT / 9:00 am PT. We may record this call.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://IU.zoom.us/j/574332318
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 574 332 318
Abstract: Jetstream is a unique resource in the XSEDE ecosystem. It provides a level of access and configuration that you don't find in the traditional HPC world. In this week's call, we will explore what Jetstream is, what features are available, and the basic operation of Jetstream. Building on that, we'll discuss what advantages Jetstream brings to gateway developers, other interesting paths in gateways on Jetstream, and also soliciting ideas on how the Jetstream team can help you.
1) What Jetstream is
2) What Jetstream ISN'T
3) What Atmosphere is -- now forget about it entirely
4) What the API is and why gateway developers want to be there
5) The basics we provide (images, networks/ips, etc)
6) Ephemeral storage vs persistent storage on Jetstream
6a) Cattle not pets
7) Some of the possibilities -- true elastic computing, virtual clusters, other things
8) Utilizing the two distinct clouds to your benefit as gateway developers
9) Using resources like Wrangler for maximizing use of Jetstream for large data sets and big data problems
10) Discussion: What images/features would gateway developers like to see?