Strategies for Enhancing HPC Education & Training (SEHET18) Workshop at PEARC18
- Published on Wednesday, 11 April 2018 20:00
The Strategies for Enhancing HPC Education and Training (SEHET18) workshop is an ACM SIGHPC Education Chapter coordinated effort aimed at fostering collaborations among the practitioners from traditional and emerging fields to explore strategies to enhance computational, data-enabled and HPC educational needs. Attendees will discuss approaches for developing and deploying HPC training and education, as well as identifying new challenges and opportunities for keeping pace with the rapid pace of technological advances—from collaborative and online learning tools to new HPC platforms.
The workshop will provide opportunities for: learning about methods for conducting effective HPC education and training; promoting collaborations among HPC educators, trainers and users; and for disseminating resources, materials, lessons learned and good/best practices.
This half-day workshop is aimed at users, professionals, researchers, scholars, educators, and other interested community members with an active interest in training, educating, using and supporting the HPC community of developers, researchers, educators, and practitioners. The workshop will include a panel, presentations and lightning talks. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Best practices and models for teaching and learning HPC topics and course materials
- Sustainable educational strategies for HPC education and training
- Emerging and scalable online environments and tools for HPC education and training
- Evaluation and assessment of training and instructional materials
- Legal issues involved in training (e.g. ADA compliance, software licenses, intellectual property rights, etc.)
- Novel andragogical approaches for training and education
- Innovative pedagogical methods for non-traditional HPC disciplines
Submissions for full papers and extended abstract lightning talks are now being accepted. All accepted papers and extended abstracts will be considered for publication in a special issue of Journal of Computational Science Education.
Submission Deadline: May 18, 2018
Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2018
Final camera-ready submissions: June 30, 2018
Submission details can be found here: https://sighpceducation.acm.org/sehep_cfp.html