11th International Workshop on Science Gateways (IWSG 2019) in Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 12-14, 2019
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 19:00
The 11th International Workshop on Science Gateways (IWSG 2019) will be June 12-14, 2019, in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
*UPDATED May 20, 2019* The program is posted and registration is open through May 31, 2019.
Chat with SGCI staff members
Sandra Gesing, Michael Zentner,
Nancy Wilkins-Diehr, and
Claire Stirm while you're there!
Deadline for paper/abstract submission: March 25, 2019
Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2019
Submission of camera-ready papers/abstracts: May 10, 2019
Registration deadline for authors/presenters: May 10, 2019
Early-Bird registration deadline: May 31, 2019
Date of the workshops: June 12-14, 2019
The triumvirate of technologies - Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the hybridlate Cloud (Cloud, Fog, Edge), complemented with modern software engineering practices, stimulates the emergence of new approaches to Science Gateways. Blockchain and Smart Contracts could also be instrumental in this respect as they may facilitate decentralized, standards and market-driven aggregation of data and computing resources, which are needed for scientific work. These technologies may also be useful for the development of new Virtual Research Environments and Virtual Labs.
We invite the submission of papers related to Science Gateways. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, frameworks, and technologies for science gateways
- Science gateways sustaining productive collaborative communities
- Support for scalability and data-driven methods in science gateways
- Improving the reproducibility of science in science gateways
- Science gateway usability, portals, workflows, and tools
- Software engineering approaches for scientific work
- Aspects of science gateways, such as security and stability
We, in particular, encourage submissions from application scientists and community members, reporting their experiences with science gateways. There are three forms of presentation:
- Lightning talks
Submission details can be found here: http://www.iwsg2019.eu/call-