2021 Spring ESIP Lab Request for Proposals
- Published on Thursday, 20 May 2021 20:00
The ESIP Lab facilitates project-based learning opportunities for scientists to increase their technical savvy while increasing our collective knowledge of earth system science. Through this Request for Proposals (RFP), the ESIP Lab seeks projects that last 6 – 8 months, with a maximum budget of $10,000. Proposals must be submitted by June 18, 2021.
Proposals related to the following needs in the earth science community will be given priority:
· Modernization of earth science workflows using community-recommended best practices — the use of open-source software and cloud computing are encouraged.
· Cloud computing use cases for earth science — creation of well-documented notebooks showing how to collect, distribute, or analyze earth science data in the cloud.
· Extension of open source software critical to collecting, distributing, fusing, or analyzing earth science data.
· Comparison or assessment of Machine Learning or Deep Learning techniques with controlled datasets and/or using well-defined benchmarks.
Although this RFP will give priority to proposals addressing the bulleted topics above, other high-quality proposals will also be given consideration.
For more information, check out the full RFP at: https://www.