POSITION: RDAP Accessibility Fellow
Project Description: The Research and Data Access and Preservation Association (RDAP) seeks a paid dedicated intern to develop a strategic plan focused on accessibility for the RDAP annual summit and other RDAP-run virtual educational events. Reports to and receives guidance from the Vice President of RDAP in consultation with the Executive Board. Will also collaborate with the leadership team, specifically the co-chairs from the Conference Planning, Education and Resources, and DEIA committees. This is a 6-month position that works up to 10 hours per week. Preference given to a currently enrolled Ph.D. student or an M.S. student in Education, Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, or a field relevant to technology access.
Compensation: This is an hourly contract position. Benefits are not provided. The hourly rate is $16-21 depending on skill and experience level.
About RDAP: a 501c3 engaged community of information professionals committed to creating, maintaining, advancing, and teaching best practices for research data, access, and preservation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gather information on current accessibility best practices for virtual events
2. Assess current RDAP practices and documentation for virtual events based on accessibility best practices
3. Identify gaps in RDAP practices and resources as compared to accessibility best practices
4. Develop guidelines and recommend resources
5. Compile a report for RDAP leadership with recommendations for accessibility improvements
6. Participate in relevant committee meetings as needed
1. Knowledge of accessibility and disability standards, regulations, and best practices, particularly WCAG 2.0, Section 508, WAI-ARIA, UAAG and ATAG.
2. Excellent project management skills
3. Good communication skills, particularly to gather and compile information from the various RDAP committees
4. Ability to work independently and reliably in a remote working situation
2. Willingness to explore technical solutions such as accessibility evaluation tools
3. Previous experience evaluating accessibility of online platforms or events or previous experience with accessibility evaluation tools
Please send your CV and a cover letter that describes your experience related to the duties and qualifications for this position, or how you might approach these duties given your current work and experience to Amy.Koshoffer@UC.Edu with subject line “RDAP Accessibility Fellow”. It would also help to include a statement that explains how your experience with accessibility fit in with your overall views on diversity, equity, and inclusion?. Review of applications will begin Jan 3rd.