ESIP Celebrating 25 Years!
- Published on Monday, 09 January 2023 11:47
What ESIP Does
ESIP helps Earth science data and computing professionals find each other across organizations. We do this by fostering rich collaborative experiences like hybrid meetings, virtual gatherings and seed funding.
ESIP holds twice annual meetings, monthly telecons, workshops, and funds ESIP Lab pilot projects. We bring together organizations as partners and are driven by individual volunteers from partner organizations and the broader Earth science data community.
As ESIP Turns 25…
We have a lot to celebrate! Here are some highlights from the last year alone:
- Returned to in-person gatherings with the July meeting in Pittsburgh
- Made meetings accessible with a fully virtual January meeting and hybrid July meeting
- Endorsed Science on Schema.org Guidance
- Brought together 20 participants in four workshops for Understanding Needs to Broaden Outside Use of NASA Data for the Environmental Justice Community (UNBOUND-EJ)
- Organized four Data Help Desk events
- Supported eight Community Fellows
- Hosted more 400 community-led telecons
- Founded the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Justice Advisory Committee
As a volunteer organization, ESIP is led by the community and is truly a team effort.
Share a big THANK YOU to all our ESIP staff, Board of Directors, Program Committee, Cluster Chairs, Community Fellows, and the hundreds of people who contribute to our Earth science data community.
Read more about ESIP's history at https://www.esipfed.org/news/esip-turns-25-this-year