FREE Virtual Residency 2022 Summer Workshop on Research Computing Facilitation from June 27 - July 1
- Published on Wednesday, 20 April 2022 12:44
Registration is OPEN for the FREE Virtual Residency
2022 Summer Workshop on Research Computing Facilitation
For further information go to http://www.oscer.ou.edu/virtualresidency2022.php
Mon June 27 (morning) - Fri July 1 (late afternoon) 2022
We now have an onsite option as well as the Zoom option!
Contact: Henry Neeman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
There's NO PREREQUISITE other than an interest in helping researchers with their computing-intensive/data-intensive research.
(Participation in any previous Virtual Residency workshop is NOT REQUIRED.)
Please feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested and appropriate.
- Does your institution have lots of researchers and educators who want to use advanced computing, but need some help learning how?
- You or someone at your institution can learn to be more effective at helping researchers and educators use research computing!
This is a great way to get better at a career in helping researchers use research computing. It's also a great way to meet a community of fellow research computing facilitators.
The Virtual Residency Program has already served: 1120 people from 417 institutions in all 50 US states and 4 US territories plus 13 other countries on 5 continents.
You *DON'T* have to participated in ANY past Virtual Residency event (including this year's workshop planning calls), NOR in Campus Champions NOR Campus Research Computing Consortium (CaRCC) efforts, in order to participate in the 2022 Virtual Residency workshop -- though of course everyone in those groups are encouraged to apply!
TOPIC LIST (tentative)
- Virtual Residency Program Overview
- Effective Communication: How to Talk to Researchers about Their Research
- Faculty: Tenure, Promotion, Reward System
- Cyberinfrastructure User Support
- Cyberinfrastructure Landscape: Systems, Service Providers, Technologies
- Intake Interviews: Demonstrations
- Components/Design of an HPC Cluster
- Research Networking Overview
- CyberAmbassadors: Let's Talk: Communicating That There's a Problem
- Panel: Researcher Perspectives: What Do Researchers Need from Cyberinfrastructure Facilitator
- Intake Interviews with Real Researchers
- Deploying Community Codes
- Debugging & Tuning
- Cyberinfrastructure Landscape: Organizations
- CyberAmbassadors: Leading the Change: Equity and Inclusion
- Panel: Cyberinfrastructure Organization Leader Perspectives: What Do Cyberinfrastructure Organizations Need from Their CI Facilitators?
- Research Data Management
- Stories from the Trenches