If you don't see your question answered here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the evening activities?
The conference is hosting two evening activities (full details available here):
- Tuesday, September 24, 5:00-7:00 pm: Reception and Poster Session with light snacks and drinks served in the Kon Tiki room at the Catamaran (included in conference registration)
- Wednesday, September 25, 5:00 pm: Optional dinner gathering at Waterbar, a 7-minute walk from the hotel (not included in conference registration; attendees pay for their own meal)
I'm presenting a tutorial, paper, demo, panel, or keynote. What do I need to know?
We have a special page set up just for you, with details about submitting your final paper and presentation slides, room setups, and more.
I forgot to upload my paper/demo/tutorial/poster to OSF by the September 9 deadline! Can I still have my PDF included in the proceedings?
We request that you upload your final submission by Sept. 9 and your final slides by Oct. 25. However, you can upload at any time and it will still be included in the proceedings.
Instructions are here:
I registered for both eScience and Gateways 2019. How will check-in work?
Gateways 2019 and eScience will share a registration table. Check-in will be a breeze!
Will conference attendees have access to free WiFi?
Yes, free WiFi is available at the Catamaran. The password will be posted in the "News & Quick Links" box on the left side of the Welcome page and will also be in the printed conference program that you'll receive when you check-in.
I want to send my poster or some other materials to the hotel. How do I do that?
Hotel will accept small shipments of no more than three boxes per exhibit table. The hotel will not accept oversized boxes (must be less than 50 lbs).
Shipments must be prepaid and not delivered more than 72 hours to prior to a scheduled function.
Shipping Address: Boxes should be shipped to the following address:
Catamaran Resort Hotel
3999 Mission Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92109
Shipping Procedure: All packages must be labeled with the following information
- Return Address
- Name of group (Gateways 2019)
- Name of person who will receive the package (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT)
- Arrival date of person
- Group Contact (Kim Gaines)
- Hotel Address
Receiving Package from Catamaran Security:
- Contact the hotel Operator ask for Security Department - let them know you have a package
- Please allow 30 minutes for delivery
- Guest must be present to sign for package when delivered
I am leaving for the airport right after the conference concludes on Wednesday, September 25. Will there be a place where I can store my suitcase and other belongings during the day?
Yes, a designated area will be available for those who would like to store their luggage, posters, etc. before they depart for the airport.