On this page
The area surrounding the Catamaran conference hotel is walkable, and there are restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and shopping centers within walking distance.
- For hotel guests, the self-parking rate is $26 per day, and the valet service is $32 per day, with no in-and-out privileges.
- For non-hotel guests, the guest rate will be extended to you if you ask for a validation sticker at the conference registration table. Without validation, the parking rate is $10.00 for the first hour, and $2.00 for each additional half hour, with a maximum of $35 per day.
The Catamaran is a beachfront hotel and spa near the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier, and a variety of cafes and shops. Below you'll find some nearby places to eat, drink, and shop, all accessible by foot, as well as some suggestions for a fun day or evening exploring all that San Diego has to offer.
Places to Eat
La Playa Taco Shop (1-minute walk)
3973 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Truckstop (4-minute walk)
4150 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Diner-style breakfast, burgers, cocktails, beer
Cafe 20/20 (2-minute walk)
4105 Mission Blvd., San Diego, CA 92109
Crepes, bagels, tea, espresso drinks
Amplified Ale Works Kitchen + Beer Garden (2-minute walk)
4150 Mission Blvd #208, San Diego, CA 92109
Brewpub wtih Middle Eastern menu and ocean views
World Famous (3-minute walk)
711 Pacific Beach Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Surf, turf, & pub grub on an oceanfront patio
The Mission (8-minute walk)
3795 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Brunch, comfort food, quick bite
Arslan's Gyros (5-minute walk)
3861 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Gyros, kebabs, & other Mediterranean favorites
Rosaria Pizza (9-minute walk)
3741 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Pizza, pasta, sandwiches
Bao Beach (9-minute walk)
3735 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Bowls, bao, & babo
Grocery, Pharmacy, and Convenience Stores
Ralphs Grocery (6-minute walk)
4315 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
CVS Pharmacy (8-minute walk)
4445 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
7-Eleven (6-minute walk)
4340 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Swell Coffee Co. (6-minute walk)
3833 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Better Buzz Coffee Roasters (9-minute walk)
3745 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters (10-minute walk)
829 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92109
Starbucks (6-minute walk)
4343 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Ocean View Shops (6-minute walk)
3881 Ocean Front Walk, San Diego, CA 92109
Promenade at Pacific Beach (3-minute walk)
2369 Riviera Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Pacific Beach Marketplace (6-minute walk)
4305 MIssion Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
This is where Ralphs Grocery and Starbucks are located.
Seacoast Square (10-minute walk)
801-827 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92109
San Diego has no shortage of fun (and lots of outdoor) activities to enjoy. Here are some ideas for you to consider if you're looking for an adventure!
- Take a hop-on-hop-off trolley tour to see efficiently what the city has to offer.
- Explore sea caves from a kayak.
- Travel an hour north to sip on wine in Temecula Valley, Southern California's wine country.
- Gather with all the other tourists, as well as sea lions and seals, at La Jolla Cove. This small beach tucked between sandstone cliffs is a popular spot for swimming, diving, and snorkeling.
- Spend an entire day at Balboa Park, which includes gardens, a botanical house, hiking trails, the San Diego Zoo, and museums.
- Watch a flick on a rooftop deck with panoramic views of downtown San Diego. The Rooftop Cinema Club offers comfy chairs, movie-themed cocktails, and food.
- Love watching the Tour de France? Or, perhaps, you're a cyclist? You might want to check out the San Diego Velodrome!
- Take a $5, 15-minute ferry ride to Coronado Ferry Landing, where you'll find shopping, dining, and a variety of outdoor activites.
- If you're looking to sit back, relax, and sip on a Mai Tai, you're in luck, as San Diego is home to many, many Tiki bars. Here are a few popular ones to get you started: Grass Skirt, False Idol, and Bali Hai Restaurant.
- Stroll the 16 1/2 block Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego to see Victorian charm blended with a modern shopping and entertainment scene.
- Put your arms in the air at Belmont Park, a historic oceanfront amusement park. Yes, there are rollercoasters, but the park also has restaurants, shops, an arcade, a climbing wall, and more.