On this page
Want to find a place to eat that's near the conference hotel? Or learn about popular places to visit in San Diego? We have a page for that.
We have reserved a block of rooms available Sept. 22-Sept. 27 at the same venue as the conference program. You'll be able to roll out of bed and right into the conference! Our group discount code will automatically populate if you use this link to book your room. (Note that you will not be charged the daily "resort fee," though the reservation confirmation email you receive may include it. This is a glitch in their system that is being worked out.)
Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
3999 Mission Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92109
The Catamaran is a Beachfront hotel located on the shores of Mission Bay and steps from San Diego's Pacific Beach. The Polynesian-themed hotel also has its own private beach and on-site amenities such as a restaurant and beachfront spa. The hotel is also located close to a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier, and a variety of cafes and boutiques. The San Diego International Airport (SAN) is about 7 miles away from the hotel.
The nightly rate for a single or double-occupancy room is $179. Our room block is guaranteed until Friday, August 23, 2019. Reservations received after that date will be provided on a space available basis at prevailing rates.
Hotel amenities include:
- Complimentary wired/wireless internet access in the guestrooms, lobby foyer, and beach area.
- One complimentary pass per room to cruise Mission Bay on the Bahia Belle either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night (additional tickets are available for $10 each, and can be purchased at the boat dock prior to departure). Please note that admission is on a first come, first served basis and that cruises do fill up, especially the evening cruises which include a floating bar.
- Complimentary access to the hotel's indoor/outdoor bayfront fitness facility.
- $10.00 spa discount for any spa treatment 50-minutes or longer with advance reservations.
Parking: The Catamaran offers self-parking or valet parking service. Self-parking is not allowed in the valet lot or guest registration area.
- For hotel guests, the self-parking rate is $26 per day, and the valet service is $32 per day, with no in-and-out privileges.
- For non-hotel guests, the guest rate will be extended to you if you ask for a validation sticker at the conference registration table. Without validation, the parking rate is $10.00 for the first hour, and $2.00 for each additional half hour, with a maximum of $35 per day.
The San Diego International Airport (SAN) is the closest and most convenient airport to fly into when visiting San Diego. It's located about 7 miles away from the Catamaran Hotel.
If you would like to enjoy every last minute of the conference, you can book flights after 6:30 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 25 and should have sufficient time to get to the airport, which is 7 miles away from the Catamaran and is usually 30-40 minutes at most. Please do check on traffic when planning when to leave for the airport. (The conference ends at 3:30 pm on Wednesday.)
The San Diego Airport (SAN) is 7 miles away from the Catamaran, and it usually takes around 15-30 minutes to get there depending on traffic. Aside from Rideshares such as Uber and Lyft, there are shuttle services available at the airport. The SAN website provides a list of shuttle companies frequently used by travelers. They also have a list of taxi services in San Diego.
There are grocery stores, restaurants, and shops that are within walking distance of the Catamaran Hotel. Please see our Enjoying San Diego page for these details and more to do in the area.