2020 SGCI Hackathon
A gathering where programmers collaboratively code in an extreme manner, over a short span of time.
In conjunction with PEARC20 SGCI sponsored a virtual Hackathon to challenge up-and-coming programmers for tomorrow's science gateways.
Undergraduate and graduate students competed on gateway projects established by SGCI partners and community members.
The competition took place from Monday, July 27 to Thursday, July 30. Final awards were announced on Thursday, July 30.
Hackathon YouTube Videos
Helping parents protect their children from COVID-19
Interactive Community Gateway
Charlie’s AngelsHelena Coker
Cesar Monsalud III
Hector Santiago III
SGCI PEARC20 Hackathon Schedule
Pre-event ActivitiesMentor Pre-event Prep call 7/21/20
Monday, July 27
- Kickoff Meeting (Slides)
- Google Project Setup Boyd Wilson
- Team Pointers and Announcements
- Active Hacking Picture (Individual) [Prize] - Winner Lena Coker
- Intel Speaker Tom Krueger - Slides
- Project Introductions and Goals by the teams [Prize] - Winner Team Charlies Angels
Tuesday, July 28
- Status Checkpoint
- Lego@HackHPC Picture (Individual) [Prize] - Winner Lena Coker
- Cloudy Cluster Overview Boyd Wilson
- Status Checkpoint [Prize] - Winner Team Amigos
- Virtual Background Challenge (Individual) [Prize] - Winner Daniel Lamb
Wednesday, July 29
- Final Presentations
- People’s Choice Award Opens
- Post Survey
- YouTube Live Stream
Thursday, July 30
- Awards Ceremony