Code of Conduct
- Published on Tuesday, 12 September 2023 09:01
Science Gateways Code of Conduct
1. Respect and Inclusivity
- Treat all users with respect and dignity, regardless of their background, identity, or beliefs.
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone feels valued and safe to express their ideas.
- Avoid discriminatory language, hate speech, or harassment in any form.
2. Academic Integrity
- Uphold the highest standards of academic integrity and honesty in all interactions.
- Cite and attribute sources properly when using or referencing others' work.
- Do not engage in plagiarism, cheating, or any form of academic misconduct.
3. Constructive Communication
- Engage in constructive and respectful discussions, debates, and critiques.
- Avoid personal attacks, name-calling, or any behavior that disrupts productive discourse.
- Focus on ideas, arguments, and evidence rather than making it personal.
4. Privacy and Data
- Respect the privacy of others and do not share personal or confidential information without consent.
- Follow data protection and privacy laws and guidelines when sharing or using data.
5. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Adhere to copyright laws and respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Seek permission or use proper licensing when sharing or distributing copyrighted material.
6. Reporting Violations
- Report any code of conduct violations promptly to website administrators or moderators.
- Provide evidence and details when reporting, and cooperate with any investigations.
7. Consequences of Violations
- Violations of this code of conduct may result in warnings, suspensions, or permanent bans from the website, as determined by administrators or moderators.
- Repeated or severe violations may also be reported to relevant academic institutions or authorities, if applicable.
8. Continuous Improvement
- We encourage feedback and suggestions to improve the code of conduct and the overall user experience.
- The code of conduct may be updated or revised to better serve the academic community.
By adhering to this code of conduct, you contribute to maintaining a positive and productive academic environment. Thank you for your commitment to these principles and values.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Event Staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of staff.