We connect people and resources to accelerate discovery by empowering the science gateway community
The Science Gateways Community Institute (SGCI) was established to provide resources, services, experts, and ideas for creating and sustaining science gateways. Science gateways are online interfaces that give researchers, educators, and students easy access to specialized, shared resources that are specific to a science or engineering discipline. For example, they may connect to or between instruments (such as telescopes or sensors), data collections, specialized software, or high-performance computing.
While the use of gateways can improve the productivity of researchers significantly, the process of developing, operating, and sustaining a gateway can prove challenging and time consuming. Our services and resources aim to fill that gap.
The SGCI is organized into five service areas.
- Incubator: Learn best practices from our consultants or Bootcamp
- Extended Developer Support: Get direct, custom development help
- Scientific Software Collaborative: Find gateways or software components (or promote your own)
- Community Engagement and Exchange: Engage with and learn from the gateways community
- Workforce Development: Build your career as a student or young professional
Want to cite SGCI in your publication? Here's how.