The Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
ESIP is an open, networked community that brings together science, data, and information technology practitioners. Their mission is to support the networking and data dissemination needs of their members and the global Earth science data community by linking the functional sectors of observation, research, application, education, and use of Earth science.
SGCI clients have access to ESIP's resources and services, including ESIP Lab's incubator program, which provides up to $7,000 to explore new technologies, standards, workflows, protocols and best practices. ESIP also hosts two member-driven meetings each year, supports collaborations of like-minded individuals, and supports a variety of solution-oriented projects through competitions, ideation challenges, and evaluation.
Check out the SGCI Member Highlight on ESIP's website.
- Call for Applications for the 2020 Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Community Fellows Program
- “Aha” Moments Abound at ESIP’s Custom Bootcamp [now Gateway Focus Week] and Beyond
- Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and Information: Attend the January 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Lab: Fall 2018 Request for Proposals
- ESIP Call for Community Fellows Program—Applications due Oct. 5
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Lab: Spring 2018 Request for Incubator-Project Proposals
- ESIP 2018 Summer Meeting—Data for Our Changing Earth: Realizing the Socioeconomic Value of Data
- Guest Blog: SGCI and ESIP Discuss Bootcamp and Partnership Possibilities
- Summer Meeting for the Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)