- Published on Sunday, 02 April 2023 10:50
Faculty Hackathon 2023 (FacultyHack@Gateway2023)
Virtual, October 19-22, 2023
Here is your opportunity to develop your High Performance Computing skills and pass them on to your students!
The FacultyHack@Gateway2023 will involve five (5) teams of two (2) Computer Science faculty or one (1) Computer Science and one (1) related discipline area faculty.
Faculty teams will adapt High-Performance Computing (HPC) tools for use in their courses. They will leave with "ready-to-go" course outlines, supporting data, and identified resources. Each team will be assigned a technical mentor to help with this process. Teams completing all four (4) challenges receive a $1000 honorarium.
- Attend all HPC training sessions
- Attend the Gateways 2023 conference in Pittsburg, PA (Travel support is provided)
- Make a poster presentation of revised courses at Gateways 2023
- Produce a Blog Post on your SGX3 Curriculum project which will be uploaded to sciencegateways.org/networking-community/blogs
- A completely revised course description with implementation schedule.
- Assignment of a Gateways community mentor to provide use cases, resources and next step suggestions.
- Robust access to HPC resources for research and instruction.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other HPC educators and technical personnel.
- Enhanced computer science courses with HPC content at the home institutions.
Submit your application here: FacultyHack@Gateways 2023
Deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
View past faculty hackathons at https://hackhpc.github.io/FacultyHack-Gateways22/