Webinar: Meaningful Metrics—Selecting the Right Ones for Your Gateway
- Published on Thursday, 13 September 2018 16:00
September 12, 2018
Meaningful Metrics—Selecting the Right Ones for Your Gateway
Presented by Ann Zimmerman, Principal and Founder, Ann Zimmerman Consulting
Metrics are all the rage. Potential funders often require you to list them in your proposal. Advisory boards, current funders, and review committees want to see them in progress reports. Even users can find metrics helpful for deciding whether your gateway is worth contributing data or resources to, spending time to learn how to use, or adding to their course curriculum. Most important of all, you need metrics to help tell you if your gateway is succeeding. But how do you come up with a reasonable number of the “right” metrics to measure your gateway’s progress and impact?
This webinar will:
- cover the characteristics of meaningful metrics
- provide guidance for determining your gateway's metrics along with a checklist to help you determine if they make the grade
- show examples of metrics applicable to different types of gateways
- offer ideas for how to use your metrics to drive your gateway to success
The webinar is intended to be useful to those who need to identify metrics, are in the process of doing so, or already have them in hand. You will get the most out of the webinar, however, if you come with a definition of what it means for your gateway to be successful. For example, what are its goals? How do you hope your gateway will change the world – even a little bit? You don’t have to share your definition, but you will benefit most from the webinar if you have it written down and in front of you during the webinar.
Resources provided by Ann:
- List of Evaluation Resources
- Gateways 2017 Evaluation Tutorial. The collection includes presentation slides and selected handouts from the tutorial.
Resources shared by webinar attendees: