Published on Tuesday, 22 January 2019 19:00
The PEARC19 Technical Program Committee is looking for help with creating the program for the PEARC19 conference. (See the call for participation at https://www.pearc19.pearc.org/call-for-participation.) The committee is looking for assistance in a number of areas:
- Chairs or co-chairs for the technical tracks listed in the CFP, who will be responsible for oversight of the review process for technical papers and panels in each track, as well as organizing accepted submissions into sessions. Most submissions will be reviewed based solely on extended abstracts, and full manuscripts will only be reviewed for student papers and for non-student papers that are designated as finalists following the extended abstract review. This should help reduce the load on both chairs and reviewers.
- Chair for tutorials (tutorials chair may work closely with workshops chair).
- Chairs or co-chairs for posters, BoFs, the visualization showcase, and special events.
- Awards chair, who will be responsible for managing the technical program awards selection and judging.
- Reviewers: Reviewing doesn’t take a huge time commitment and is a great way to make a valuable contribution to PEARC19. You’ll even get public recognition for your service since all reviewers will be listed on the PEARC19 website and in the proceedings. The submissions will be spread out over several months to avoid hot spots and adapt easily to a wide range of reviewer schedules.
The committee will be starting regular Zoom meetings in late January or early February, a few weeks before the first submission deadlines. Initially, the meetings will be biweekly, possibly moving to weekly later on.
You may register your interest using our convenient form: https://goo.gl/forms/IsaXsMNouVRwo19W2.
Please contact Andy Sherman (email@example.com) and/or Jay Alameda (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.