Partner Details: EGI
- Published on Friday, 12 March 2021 10:04
EGI is a federated e-Infrastructure set up to provide advanced computing services for research and innovation.
The EGI e-infrastructure is publicly-funded and comprises hundreds of data centers and cloud providers spread across Europe and worldwide. EGI is coordinated by the EGI Foundation from Amsterdam.
- EGI offers a wide range of services for compute, storage, data, applications (incl. science gateways) and related support. More about EGI Services.
- EGI provides access to over 850,000 logical CPUs and 650 PB of disk and tape storage. More about the federation.
- The EGI Foundation leads and participates in projects that set up the European Open Science Cloud
- What is EGI for? Use cases and research stories.
- A short history of EGI
EGI can offer assistance to the science gateway community by:
- Brokering and delivering HTC, cloud and storage resources for science gateways from Europe, Asia-Pacific, and other EGI-partner regions, as well as from the European Open Science Cloud
- Helping gateway developers find and choose technology partners in European cyber-infrastructure/e-
- Providing training, support, and certification about the FitSM and ISO27k standards, helping gateway operators increase the quality, availability, and security of their services
- Organizing annual community events to bring together various stakeholders from the broader e-infrastructure and science gateway areas
- Exchange good practices about bootcamp events and jointly organize such events in the European context for service providers.